Friday, 27 January 2012

previous two weeks work on GTG

In these two weeks I continue my works on Google task syncing. In order to make it consistent with other backends, I break the authentication into three stage, add the pin request when authenticating. So in the first stage it will open the browser to ask for the allowance of syncing. Then the browser gives a code. After type the code in GTG and checking, finally the authentication succeed and the program start syncing.

Another thing I did is fix the task content cannot shown in google tasks problem. All the task content shows like <content></content>.
After that I did more tests on it and finally push my final version on launchpad.

Then after discussion with my mentor Luca, I got my next mission, which is write unity lens for GTG. This is really a bit challenge for me, because I didn't what unity lens is at the first time. After  a few days learning, now I have some basic ideas in my mind and found it very interesting. So in the next weeks I plan to start working on it.

Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Something new

In the recent two weeks, the works I did is:
1. When enable the syncing with google task, the browser can not open the URL which collect the user Google account information and allow the authentication. After the changes I did, it opens the browser automatically.

2. After allow the syncing, If I do not force to close the program, it sync the task continuously so that the same task appears many times in GTG. I fixed this problem.

3. In about 5 mins After syncing with google task, the program crashed. Then I figure out that there is a dead loop and fix it.

Now there is no big problem on the Google task syncing, so in the next few days I plan to do more test on it, normalized the code and make it ready to be released.